Bathroom renovations provide some of the greatest resale returns as a home remodeling project. It does take a great amount of time to complete and is by no way any cheap to have it remodeled. Hence it is important that you collect and plan your renovation ideas prior to the remodeling day.
Get a certified and qualified remodeling contractor to handle the job. Having realistic expectations, budgeting from the start and asking the right questions can mean the difference between long trying weeks and a contractor with whom you have a connection and work with to elicit the right outcome.
Average Cost of Bathroom Renovation
Home owners have a range of options when it comes to bathroom remodeling but generally, the total cost is largely dependent on the budget plan and style. Fixing the essentials in medium sized and small bathroom averages about $3,500 to $7,000, but the average bathroom remodeling costs are about $9,800. On the other hand, remodeling a master bathroom can have a price range of about $13,000 to $20,000. The average expenditure for most homeowners with regards to bathroom renovations ranges from $5,500 to $13,200.
Estimating Bathroom Renovation Costs
Estimation of the budget can be a daunting task. Generally, the size of the bathroom is the number one factor when estimating the costs of bathroom remodeling, be it a master bathroom size, medium or small bathroom. Some of the fixtures you will need to renovate your bathroom include; floor plan changes, lightings, and cabinet, baths or showers, counter tops and new flooring. These items vary in prices, and the quality, alongside the size, plays a major role in the cost variation.
The Dos of Bathroom Renovation
- Hire a builder or a specialised bathroom renovation company to manage the project, not a plumber. Plumbers only install the fixtures and deal with the pipework, this is not enough for bathroom renovation hence hires a builder who is able to correct the trade sequences and see the project through.
- Buy products from reputable brands. The quality of fixtures installed in a bathroom should be obtained from recognized brands. This is because in the event that you may need a spare part then you know what to go for and where.
- Avoid overcapitalizing. Going overboard is simple especially when you settle for the expensive bits of the fixtures. If you plan to rent out, then you should consider if you will get back the investment costs, or better still, your client may not be charmed with the taste since it differs from person to person.
The Don’ts of Bathroom Renovation
- Don’t think about doing it yourself. Bathroom renovation is not something to be taken lightly as it requires an experienced individual to do it. The costs you may have to incur to have everything put back in place after you create a mess can be astronomical, to avoid this, seek professional help.
- Don’t ignore the ancient pipework. When your plumber advice against retaining the old pipework system, then it’s best you listen to them. Some issues such as reduced water pressure rise from the old gal pipes hence when a plumber calls for it, be sure to have them changed.
- Do not pipework if you can help it. Maintaining the layout of the bathroom indicates that the plumber will not have to touch the drainage pipes and this is great news for your budget.